Easy Diet Plans
For a diet to be given the lofty title of an 'Easy Diet', in my opinion, it has to meet a certain
strict criteria. Dieting in the main part is not easy- it makes you feel deprived, depressed, and sometimes
hungry, and tends to occupy your mind the whole day! There is nothing very easy about the majority of
So here we will take a look at some points that at least make a diet
1. The foods allowed are common and easy to obtain.
2. The diet does not require that you spend hours in the kitchen preparing
3. The meals are filling, ensuring you do not feel hungry.
4. The foods are healthy and nutritious.
5. There are no strenuous, horribly impossible exercise
6. You do not have to spend a fortune on memberships, supplements or
special health foods.
7. The food can be prepared and easily taken along in your bag incase you
are away from home for some time.
8. Even if the diet is not the most healthy out there, you are satisfied
you are getting a reasonable daily amount of vitamins and minerals.
9. You do not spend the day feeling deprived and unhappy.
10. For the most part you are able to forget you are on a diet.
If I look the majority of the popular diet plans out there today they do not meet
those criteria- for example, I would say the Doctor Atkins Diet fails on points 4, 8, 9 and 10. (I am not
criticising the Atkin's diet as such, but I think it is far from being an 'easy diet').
The popular Weightwatchers plan works for many, but it fails as an easy diet on
points 2,3,6,9 and 10- the worst part of the Weightwatcher's diet in my opinion is the weekly meetings and
The Cabbage Soup diet will help you lose a lot of weight quickly, but again it is not an
Easy Diet. Refer to points 2,3,7,9 and 10.
Even the very popular South Beach Diet has drawbacks. The foods suggested all require a lot
of preparation, and in my experience, if you try to concoct your own recipes with the allowed ingredients somehow
the weight does not seem to come off.
So when choosing the right diet plan for you, make sure it meets all the 10 points above, or
at least nine out of ten.
Or go here for more Diet Tips.